Welcome

Welcome to Taryn Melgoza Designs {Photography & Cakes}.


September 06, 2010

Sassy Celebration Cake

The story behind this cake is not a pleasant one.  The lady who ordered it essentially stood me up.  I tried to call her Friday night to confirm the pick up time and her cell phone number was disconnected.  Greatttt.  I had a bad feeling that I was making the cake for no reason, but did it anyway in case she decided to call me Saturday on her way to pick it up.  No such luck.  So I spent about three days of my life getting this cake ready...for no one.  Oh well.  I consider it a learning experience on getting deposits from people I don't know personally.  But I do think the cake turned out pretty cute.  It was a french vanilla cake with buttercream icing.  On the bright side, it was one of the first cakes that I've made that I've actually got to taste myself!  It was yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment